The 7 Chakra Points
The 7 Chakra Points
Here are the 7 chakra points and a brief description around each energy center.
Let’s Take a look now at each of the 7 Chakra Points
1. The Base/Root Chakra – Muladhara Chakra
Muladhara chakra or Root Chakra is located on the base of your spine in the tailbone area (Perineum). Muladhara is associated with the Earth element, making one a very active personality.
- Colour: Red
- Association: It’s associated with earth and is related to earthly grounding and surviving physically.
- Purpose: It controls fight response and financial independence
- Blockage implication: Depression, fear, procrastination, cold feet, paranoia, defensiveness
2. Sacral Chakra – Swadhishthana Chakra
Swadhisthana Chakra or Sacral Chakra is located between the base of your spine and navel. Swadhishthana Chakra is represented by the water element and issues around sexuality on an emotional level, the right to feel and desire.
- Colour: Orange
- Association: Circulatory System, lower abdomen, bladder, reproductive organs, glands, kidneys
- Purpose: It displays desire, sexuality, pleasure, creativity, and procreation
- Blockage implication: Eating disorder, sexual guilt, compulsive behavior, emotional problems, impotence
3. Solar Plexus Chakra – Manipura Chakra
A few inches above the navel in the upper abdomen, Manipura Chakra or Solar Plexus Chakra is located.
- Colour: Yellow
- Association: Digestive system, muscles, pancreas, adrenals
- Purpose: It represents emotional stability and a feeling of confidence. The chakra also coordinates for joy, laughter, aggression, and power.
- Blockage implication: Anger, Feeling of revenge, lack of direction, frustration, nervousness, ulcer, constipation.
4. Heart Chakra – Anahata Chakra
Anahata, or Heart Chakra, is one of the most important and the Center of the seven chakras. Anahata chakra is located on your Chest, where the “Soul” resides.
- Colour: Green
- Association: Compassion, love, joy, harmony, inner peace.
- Purpose: The chakra point is considered the “heart of the soul.” People derive a feeling of love through the Heart Chakra, and the feeling of unconditional love proceeds to the solar plexus chakra. Even after that, it passes to a sexual spot where the feelings are released.
- Blockage implication: Heart problems, Stoic, Lung problems, weak immune system, heart cancer, breast cancer, blood pressure, passivity, inhumanity
5. Throat Chakra – Vishuddha Chakra
Vishuddha Chakra or Throat Chakra is located on Throat. When your Vishuddha Chakra is active, you become more expressive and experience growth on the creative side.
- Colour: Blue or Turquoise
- Association: Communication, creativity, self-expression, truth, justice.
- Purpose: Senses of outer and inner hearing, self-healing, innovation, transformation, purification
- Blockage implication: Writer’s block, creativity block, fever, communication problems, infection, thyroid imbalances, neck problems, hormonal disorders such as PMS, mood swings, menopause, and bloating.
6. Third Eye or Brow Chakra – Ajna Chakra
Ajna Chakra or Third Eye or Brow Chakra is probably the most popular Chakra of all 7 Chakras, especially in the West. Yoga philosophy says Ajna Chakra, or Third Eye, is associated with Knowledge and Wisdom.
Ajna Chakra is located in the Center of the forehead at the eye level or between the eyebrows.
- Colour: Indigo (a combination of red and blue)
- Association: Question, perception, knowing, inner vision, intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think, decision making
- Purpose: The chakra is for finding answers to the spiritual aspect of human life on earth and beyond
- Blockage implications can lead to problems like lack of foresight, thyroid imbalances, mental rigidity, ‘selective’ memory, depression, fevers, flu, infections, hyperactivity, learning disabilities, and sleeping disorders.
7. Crown Chakra – Sahasrara Chakra
Sahasrara Chakra, or Crown Chakra, is the ultimate of all 7 Chakras. Sahasrara, or Crown chakra, is located on the top of your head (Coordinated with the cerebral cortex, central nervous system, and pituitary gland).
- Colour: Violet
- Association: Information, understanding, acceptance, bliss, inner and outer beauty.
- Purpose: The chakra is considered to be the point of connection with God and is used for divine purposes and spiritual destiny.
- Blockage Implication: This can lead to psychological problems like headaches, mental illness, neuralgia, senility, photosensitivity, coordination problems, epilepsy, varicose veins, and blood vessel problems.
Interested in deepening your understanding of the 7 chakra points?
Schedule a private session or download our free ebook “Unearthing The Divine King”
Leave a Comment